Viking Summer Camp!
Thursday 23rd August or Friday 24th August 2018
Cressing Temple Barns, Essex
Just £25 per child, for the full day! Drop off 10am - Collection 5pm
This summer we have decided to start something quite special! Organise a break from the kids over the holidays, whilst they come to us for the day to learn what life was like over 1,000 years ago in the turbulent times of the Vikings.
Our company Repeating History Limited provide schools throughout the UK with workshops during term time, and thought that it would be great to let local Essex children experience the same excitement levels and fun and learning as the children do in our school workshops.
Our full day interactive workshops will be held at Cressing Temple Barns, an ancient location, and a popular place to visit, situated between Witham and Braintree in Essex, close to the villages of Cressing and White Notley. We have set up base in the amazing Wheat Barn, where most of activities will be completed.
Our whole day Viking extravaganza, will start with kids being dropped off at 10am, and from there a whole days fun and activities will commence.
All activities are closely monitored and all staff supervising the day have advanced DBS checks.
Collection is up until 5pm, but we will be holding our very own battle in the grounds of Cressing Temple involving all the children at 4.30pm, if parents would like to come and watch! There is also a fab Tiptree tearoom on site, if you fancy a cup of tea and a scone beforehand, to make the most of the day!
Drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions before you book!
- Grind grain to make flour, and see what viking bread looked and felt like
- Try on authentic copies of helmets, clothes and jewellery
- Take the chainmail lifting challenge!
- Pick out the real foods of the time from our food display
- Learn to write in runes
- Play dice games, stick wrestling and hnefafafl
- Choose a name and occupation of the time
- Form up into a shield wall with shields and spears and follow battle commands
- Each child will also get to dress as a Viking and scream their best war cry, whilst having their photograph taken in front of our large Viking house backdrop – a great memory of an awesome day
Summer Camp Address:
Tel: 020 3417 5013